- 1.Fix Sales: Knowing Buyer’s Journey is like Creating a GPS for Your Sales Process
- 2.Fix Sales Problems With The Power in the “Voice of the Customer”
- 3.Leverage Customer Voice into “Explosive Sales Growth”
- 4.Who Owns the Voice of Your Market and Voice of Your Customer? ..Hint (not sales!)
- 5.Voice of Market Identifies “Roundabouts” in your Sales Process
- 6.Voice of the Market Identifies Key Buying Triggers
- 7.Increase Sales: Key Buying Seasons Surface in “Voice of Market” Work
- 8.“Voice of the Customer” Increases Profits…Lesson from a Christmas Ham
- 9.Voice of Customer Finds “Sales Secret Weapons”
- 10.Voice of Customer: Understanding the Entire Iceberg of Purchase Decisions Today
- 11.Improve Sales Productivity With Voice of the Customer Research
- 12.What is The Biggest Threat to Customer Voice Research? (It may surprise you!)
- 13.Give Salespeople More Time to Sell With Voice of The Customer Research
- 14.Customer Voice Research Identifies Content Buyers Need Today
- 15.Identify Purchase Influencers with VOC
- 16.The End Of The Greatest Show On Earth and What We Can Learn About Training
- 17.Voice of Customer Identifies New Markets and New Product Applications
- 18.17 Benefits Of Voice Of Customer
Companies who understand the current voice of their customers and markets outperform teams who keep selling the way we have always sold. Customer voice research helps your team identify shifts in how buyers buy today and the criteria they must have to make a buying decision.
In my last post I shared how understanding the current customer voice helps sales teams spend more time selling and less time searching for and creating content.
Capturing the current voice of your customers has many benefits as I shared in a guest post recently.
- Increased sales
- Increased Profits
- Increase in market share
- Improved sales close rate %’s
- Identify new product needs
- Improved operational efficiencies
- Increase in current customer sales
- Increase in new customer sales
- Strong overall buying experience for your customers
What about benefits to your buyers?
How can understanding the voice of your customers and voice of your markets help your buyers?
In a recent article by Sales Benchmark Index they shared how buyers only have so much time to search for information. The article shares how one company uses content to help buyers solve problems.
“For content marketing to generate revenue you must know exactly what your customers need, where they need it, how often they need it, and in what form they need to consume it. Miss any of these items and your content marketing efforts will fail to contribute to revenue growth in any meaningful way.”
- Steve Keifer/Leaseaccelerator
If your team clearly understands why your buyers buy, why they don’t buy and the criteria they need to buy it puts you far ahead of your competitors to capture buyer mind share.
With as much as 57%-70% of the buying process occurring before a buyer speaks with a salesperson, market leading teams take the time to understand what their buyers need to buy today. Teams create content based on the feedback received from customer voice research. They update their sales tools and web site to include the content your buyers are searching for.
What content is your buyer actively searching for today to make a buying decision?
What criteria does your buyers need today?
Does your website provide content your buyers are searching for?
Who will buyers perceive as a market leader…someone with the perfect content they must have today, or a company that is not even found in their online research?
Capturing the voice of your customers today helps you understand how your buyer buys. In that buying journey it often includes research for meaningful content they must have to make a buying decision. When buyers find that content on your web site it starts to build trust with them.
Spend time understanding the voice of your customers and develop content that helps them buy.