The number of salespeople meeting and or exceeding sales quota is dropping each year. Why? If you were in the quality department and not sales you would find root causes. What are the top 10 root cause problems B2B salespeople face and how to you solve them?
Thomas Williams and Thomas Sain just released an excellent book: The Seller’s Challenge to help salespeople and sales leaders fix common sales problems.
Why is The Seller’s Challenge relevant to every B2B seller and their leaders?
Take a look at some of the common sales problems this book discusses and gives you applicable advice to solve.
- What is the best way to sell multiple buyers?
- What is the best way to research and execute a sales call that moves the sale?
- How do I influence buyers who are strongly committed to a different course of action? (they are happy with what they have)
- Why are y sales calls bombing and how can I fix this sales problem?
- What is the best way to address gatekeepers?
- Why is the status quo my #1 competitor?
- When should I participate in an RFP?
- Why is selling to committees so hard and what should I do?
- What is the best way to manage price and discount demands?
Do I have your attention now?
The authors captured my attention because I frequently was asked to solve a number if not all of these sales problems in my career.
Not only did I find the content extremely relevant to solve seller challenges, but the way it is written is brilliant.
- A summary of the sales challenge
- A story to help you quickly emotionally connect to it
- Discussion of the challenge and all the dynamics involved
- An illustration or model to resolve the sales problem
- A solution and best practices
- Summary of key takeaways
- Commitment and action steps quickly after the content for the reader to apply what they just learned
- Chapter addendums illustrating exactly how to implement the best practices
If you are like me and have been in a sales role or leading sales teams you will agree sales has changed a great deal over the years. I find companies continue to be prisoners to outdated sales processes and they fail to identify the root cause of their sales problems they face each day. The result? Sales teams continue to fail to achieve sales and profit quotas year over year.
What do most sales managers recommend who have not read this book?
- Try harder
- Try more
- Sign up for Sales training
Or my personal favorite: “Just make it happen!”
And how’s that working for you?
Be honest its just us…
I highly recommend The Seller’s Challenge as a strategy roadmap to help your sales team achieve and surpass their sales quotas by fixing some of the most common root cause problems they face in todays marketplace.